Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Advice on Finding A Feng Shui Consultant

Thanks to Emily Baxter for submitting this article on her experience of discovering Feng Shui with New York Practitioner Will LeStrange

Two months ago in Manhattan, I met up with Will LeStrange, one of New York's leading feng shui experts to talk about his work. Will is very generous about sharing his knowledge, his innovative design solutions, and he always delivers it with lots of energy.

I remember the first time I encountered him in Central Park two years ago on a Feng Shui training day. I was a total sceptic dragged along to the out door event by a friend. He gently assured me that this mysterious "ancient art of placement "would improve my life… better relationships, better health, more love, more prosperity, and a deeper connection with my spirituality.

Now, I have personal and professional experience of the wonderful changes Feng Shui brings into your life. Will LeStrange did a feng shui consultation for my Brooklyn apartment about a year ago. The experience has been much more fulfilling and rewarding than I could expect.

I like to call it my Feng Shui journey. From the first moment of meeting Will I felt a bond of gentle humanity and humor that allowed us to learn from each other and, above all, laugh, at the craziness of modern life. 

Will’s humor and passion for work continues to burn brightly. He is held in very high esteem among other professionals and I feel very fortunate to have met someone so tuned in and passionate about people and places.

His work inspired me so much that I went on a feng shui retreat in up-state New York a while back and at our meeting I was keen to tell him about my experience.

The setting of the retreat was very beautiful. A place chosen for its structure and secluded location. A small “Spanish-style” hotel with gardens, winding paths and numerous architectural features that drive energy and relax the mind. A most auspicious place where discussions between participants and teachers were prolonged, during and after the teaching sessions.

We talked about Feng Shui, from our experiences in the consultations, books, solutions that worked and did not work. The days were long, sometimes from 9 am to 9 pm with 45 minutes for lunch which was used to continue working. 

The time when we did break or leave the classroom setting, we used for practical exercises… even during shopping or dinner, we studied the Feng Shui shops, restaurants or even the gardens or houses we were passing in transit.

It was a great learning experience for any of us to comment and share our insights on each place for the group to come up with creative solutions to improve the feng shui of those places

A Private Feng Shui journey

I also had the opportunities to visit Will’s home, which is located in the hills outside the city, and built according to Feng Shui. With its back protected by a hill, it opens towards the sea with an inspiring view. The rooms are arranged so that they can circulate freely, without any stagnant corners. 

The kitchen connects to the living room communicating with the office that communicates with the garden and terrace leading into the bedroom, etc ... The colors have also been distributed to strengthen the various areas: his bedroom in red and gold tones, office in soft pastels.

And the constant presence of the garden that the whole house is oriented and open. In fact inside the house there are two smaller gardens. While having a glass of champagne and we walked around the home, Will told me he still remembers his visit to Barcelona three years ago with warmth and sent his warmest greetings to all.

So day after day, we were studying Feng Shui for homes, gardens, for all kinds of businesses. Analyzing plans, photos, slides, videos ... Sharing the solutions that were used in each case and the results obtained. Contributing to new and creative ways of increasing chi for boosting wellness, success or a new partner, job changes, better relationships with parents and children.

What is the most important thing I learned? I learned why sometimes the will is not enough. Why things in life get locked up and will not progress despite your best efforts? This is because the cause is outside, it is in your environment, your home, your work and by changing you surroundings you will change its influence. Feng Shui has transformed my life and can also transform yours. 

If you live in New York and are interested in changing you home and your life, I highly recommend contacting Will LeStrange for a Feng Shui consultation. It worked for me and I’m enjoying my life and my Feng Shui journey.

241 Taaffe Pl #610. Brooklyn NY. 11205 
will.lestrange@gmail.com 
(646) 759-0866